Monday, April 13, 2009

What a God Friday!



I've been meaning to post but ofcourse life just runs over you sometimes. I can't let this ONE ride!


As some of you know we have been praying for my granddaughter Makaylas salvation. We'll in the last few weeks we have noticed her sentivity to the Lords nudging. The last time I asked her(early last year) if she would like to ask Jesus into her heart she flat out said no. Well, It concerned me that she would just say no. She finally confided in me that the reason was that she didnt want to get in front of all those people and get babtized. So I explained that she didnt have to do that right away and she could do that when she was ready. But she wasnt ready for Jesus yet anyways.


Well at Kite day she was excited of course for the day. She was claping and singing in service, which she had never done before. She always tries to talk us out of going to BIG Church. LOL She loves her kids class. Later that day at kite day she had a Lady bug land on her and she was just enjoying that little tiny creature. Some white haired wise man told her that Lady bugs bring good luck! So two small events happened that day that reminded her of this good luck. Well I told her that maybe God was blessing her. She paused for a moment and said "Maybe, it was because I was singing to HIM today!" I said "Yes, probably so!" She said she was singing because she was excited about Kite day. So I said "maybe the way you were excited about Kite day is same way God is excited about you singing to Him"


So Good Friday camp comes around. Fred said he saw her having a great time and particpating in singing and trying to answer questions. When they asked if anybody was ready to make Jesus the boss of their lifes she picked up her head, later she told us she just wanted to see how many kids were going to do it. Well all the way home Fred said she kept asking questions.


So we are at home Good Friday evening watching, what else but cartoons. Well this one cartoon had a dog that was being mean and chasing a little kitten. This dog crashes into a lamp table and the lamp crashes on his head and he ends up dead in hell. So ofcourse she started asking more questions now about heaven and hell. This day should be called GOD friday.


So we answer her questions and she said I want to go to heaven I dont want to go to hell. We told her what the bible said that hell is like and what heaven is like.


So I asked her if she was ready to say the prayer she could do that now and know she was going to see it one day, but that the words had to come out of her mouth. I could not pray it for her but that she can repeat after me. So she did and I think Fred and I just thought it was not real like a dream. LOL


Today I saw her and the first thing she told me was that her and a friend were talking about Passion of Christ movie. I said how did you get to talking about that? She told me she couldnt stop sing the songs she learned at Good Friday Camp and one of her friends heard her singing. Her friend told her "I know those songs!" And that they started singing and talking about there churches. AND that another friend was saying she never been to church so they were telling her about there churches.




GOD FRIDAY

1 comment:

archie said...

What an awesome time! God is so good and faithful! Makes the struggle worthwhile.